Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Michael Franti & Spearhead

I consider myself a connoisseur of music. I can appreciate every genre. It is in that spirit that this post and others sure to follow are devoted to. Music that has an important message are true treasures. Somehow becoming more than the sum of its parts. Around 2005 I was introduced to Michael Franti & Spearhead. I had heard their music on the radio and knew I liked them but once I saw them perform live, I was hooked. There is a presence about Michael Franti, an aura. Together they are truly magnificent. Performances and lyrics that strike down to the very core of your being. I've been to several of their shows and have been lucky enough to meet them on a couple occasions. They will often interact with their fans after the show & you can tell that together you are apart of something bigger than yourself, something more relevant than just a great concert. Michael Franti is the ambassador for CARE, a leading humanitarian organization that is fighting global poverty. He is the creator of the Power to the Peaceful Festival in San Francisco. He also supports St. Jude's Ranch for children, Soles 4 Souls, Amnesty International, Waterkeeper Alliance and many others. He is truly making the world a better place.



No comments:

Post a Comment