Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ode to Jacqueline Carey

Jacqueline Carey is by far one of the most talented authors to grace the world of fantasy. Few writers are able to truly captivate me and provide such an immediate addiction. The series that starts with Kushiel's Dart is particularly my favorite. Love, war, betrayal, mysticism, sexuality, religion. No stone is left unturned and Phèdre nò Delaunay is perhaps the best female lead ever written. 

The books are complex and can be difficult to read for some. They are not like The Sookie Stackhouse and Twilight series. It isn't that I didn't enjoy those books as well, but they are truly on different playing fields. This series is composed in Old English. I was so blissfully lost in her writing, I began speaking Old English by accident. There are many twists and turns and will leave you on the edge always wanting more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment