Thursday, November 10, 2011

K'NAAN

Phenomenal poet, rapper, singer, songwriter and instrumentalist with roots laying in Somalia and Canada. Currently placed at the helm of educating the world about not only his homeland Somalia, but calling to end all bloodshed and violence. Specifically trying to avoid gangster rap cliches realizing that kind of lifestyle is nothing to brag about or strive towards. I was a little late at falling in love, "Wavin' Flag" was my first official taste of his music and was also 2010's FIFA World Cup anthem. One of my musical dreams is to see K'nann and Michael Franti collaborate. They are masters of rhyme and are both dedicated to helping the world move in a positive direction. Maybe someday my dream will come to fruition. I am sending this post to both of my idols in hopes they will consider intertwining their wisdom to create an enlightened message that the world is in dire need of.

No comments:

Post a Comment